Are you ever dying for a steaming plate of salty fries but don’t want to put on pants to leave the house? Here’s a super easy way to solve that problem, and no deep-fryer needed!
These baked garlic fries will have you begging for more…
Step one, preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit – you’ll want it nice and hot before you put in your potatoes.
Next, select your potatoes and give them a good wash; no need to peel.
Slice the potatoes [see photo], and then cut into strips. Place potato strips into a large bowl.
Next season with salt, pepper, lots of garlic powder and spray with olive oil to coat.
Line and spray a baking sheet and lay out the “pre-fries” in one layer.
Cook for 30-35 minutes, keeping an eye on them and flipping occasionally to avoid burning and sticking.
If you are feeling adventurous, you could use this as a starting point for one wicked poutine. Some cheese curds, homemade gravy, maybe some bacon or pulled pork….okay I did not just drool on the keyboard a little bit…
Show us what you’ve done with this recipe! Post pictures below or on our Facebook page! Maybe I’ll post a poutine picture soon, I’m dying to turn this into pulled pork poutine, I can’t stop talking about how good it’s going to be!
Now excuse me while I eat my plate of steaming garlic fries, without sharing, and not feel guilty about it one bit!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 30-35 minutes
- Potatoes [I used 5; discarding the knobbly ends]
- Olive oil to cover
- Garlic Powder
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slice potatoes into thin “french fry-like” shape and place in a large bowl.
- Spray with olive oil and liberally apply spices [salt, garlic powder and pepper] and toss to coat.
- Line baking sheet with aluminium foil and spray with olive oil.
- Cook for 30-35 minutes, turning occasionally to avoid sticking and burning.
- Either Enjoy as is, or turn into delicious poutine!