‘Tis STILL the season for PUMPKINS, and Thanksgivings [currently in between Canadian and American Thanksgiving] and work/school potlucks. So indulge in these AMAZING cheesecakes and impress your friends and family at the same time. 😉
Unlike my adventurous counterpart making pumpkin puree directly from a pumpkin [read about it here], I “cheated” with the quick method and bought a can. 🙂 This is honestly a very quick recipe and it is SO amazing. Cheesecake AND pumpkin …together… in bite sized cupcake form… It’s perfect!
*Note: Have leftover pumpkin purée? Freeze it, it’ll last 🙂 !*
Step one, is to preheat your oven and prepare your muffin tin. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and place a baking liner in each well. Next place the vanilla wafers, flat side down, in the bottom of the tin.
Here is a picture of the box of Vanilla Wafers
Next mix everything in a bowl with a hand mixer. [Or a stand mixer if you are fancy enough – I, sadly, am not]. Now if you want them to be chocolate [who doesn’t], melt a cup of chocolate chips in the microwave and stir in at the end. I did half the batch with chocolate and half without – ingredients divided into two bowls – and I used a whole cup of melted chocolate chips for just half the batter. 😛 It made 24 cupcakes, but without chocolate, your yield will be closer to 20.
*Also Note: If you do not have pumpkin pie spice [like myself] use the recipe below to make your own!*
Spoon the cheescake mixture into each well, until almost full – they don’t expand like normal cupcakes. Bake for 30 minutes.
Remove from muffin tin with a spoon and cool on the counter completely. Then place in fridge for a few hours, until ready to eat.
Just before they are ready to consume, it’s time to make that fancy whipped cream topping to impress everyone their mother!
Mix together 1 ½ cup heavy cream, 3 tbsp icing sugar and 1 tsp vanilla in a bowl and mix with a hand or stand mixer until hard peaks form. Spoon on top of each one and sprinkle with cinnamon or leftover pumpkin pie spice!
please stop licking the screen…
[Chocolate] Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Serves: 20-24 cheesecakes [chocolate dependant]
- Two 8 oz [250 g] bricks of cream cheese, soften
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ½ cup flour
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice – see below for recipe
- 20-24 vanilla wafers
- chocolate optional: 1 cup of chocolate chips, melted
- 1 ½ cup heavy cream
- 3 tbsp icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- extra pumpkin pie spice to sprinkle
Pumpkin Pie Spice Recipe [instead of buying it] – combine all:
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1½ tsp cloves
- 1 tbsp ginger
- 1½ tsp nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line muffin tin with baking liners and place vanilla wafer in the bottom of each one; flat edge down.
- Combine cream cheese, egg, sugar, flour, pumpkin puree, vanilla, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice in a bowl with a hand mixer.
- If chocolatey goodness is desired, melt one cup of chocolate chips and stir into the batter once completely melted.
- Spoon into muffin tin; they don’t really rise so almost fill them up without it spilling over.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, remove from oven and cool completely on wire rack, then chill in fridge for a couple of hours [minimum].
- With a hand mixer, mix the heavy cream, icing sugar and vanilla until peaks form. Spoon onto cooled cupcakes and sprinkle with extra pumpkin pie spice [or cinnamon works too].
- Serve right away!
Don’t forget to subscribe to email updates [Follow us via email] on the right-hand side.
Check out our tweets here
Like us on Facebook
Pin your favourite recipes from here
..and follow our picture story on Instagram