OH HEY HAPPY NEW YEARS! First of all, J and I hope that you’re all having a wonderful holiday season, and that you are surrounded by the people you love. Thank you for following us on our journey so far, and we are so excited for 2016!
NOW TO THE FOOD. Glass. Noodle. Stirfry. Ohmygoshthisissodelicious. It is so flavourful and satisfying that I could hardly believe it while I was eating it. Prepare your tastebuds. This is a super easy recipe, but was so unbelievably good that I honestly don’t think the leftovers will last past tonight.
So I managed to lose some of the pictures for this post, but the first thing you’re going to want to do is prep your veggies. Julienne 1/2 a medium red onion, 1/2 a red bell pepper, and shred 1 medium carrot. Saute the vegetables in a frying pan with some olive oil until soft. Add 2 cups of shredded beef (J wrote a fantastic pulled pork post that you can use to make shredded beef as well. That being said, pork would also be delicious!) and combine in the pan. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder – you could also mince garlic into the pan – and chilli flakes to taste.
Glass noodles are these peculiar but delicious noodles. They are made from sweet potato starch and have a chewier consistency than regular wheat noodles do. They are super translucent, hence “glass”. I find them super delicious. You can pick them up at your closest Asian supermarket. Amazon also carries them! I cooked half of the pack as per the instructions on the packaging. Drain the noodles and set them aside into a bowl. These noodles are sticky, so use 1-2 tbsp sesame oil to keep them from getting clumpy. Stir until combined.
And just like that, the best part of the whole thing has arrived! Plate and serve hot! Devour all portions. Devour is the correct word, believe me.
Glass Noodle Stirfry
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
- 2 shredded beef
- 1/2 package glass noodles
- 1 medium carrot, peeled
- 1/2 medium red pepper
- 1/2 medium red onion
- Olive oil (for sauteing)
- 1-2 tbsp sesame oil
- Salt, pepper, chilli flakes, garlic powder to taste
- Peel and shred 1 medium carrot.
- Julienne the 1/2 medium red pepper and the 1/2 medium red onion.
- In a frying pan, lightly saute the carrot, red pepper, and red onion until soft.
- Add 2 cups of shredded beef to the vegetable mixture. Season with salt, pepper, chilli flakes, and garlic powder to taste. Mix until combined and the beef is throughly re-heated. Set aside.
- Boil water and prepare 1/2 of the package of glass noodles as per the directions on the packaging. Drain.
- In a bowl, combine the glass noodles with 1-2 tbsp of the sesame oil (depending on how much glass noodle you have).
- Serve beef and vegetable mixture over glass noodles. Enjoy. 🙂
Don’t forget to subscribe to email updates [Follow us via email] on the right-hand side.
Check out our tweets here
Like us on Facebook
Pin your favourite recipes from here
..and follow our picture story on Instagram