You like garlic. You like carbs. You like ooey, gooey, melty cheese. Have we ever got the delicious recipe for you: cheesy garlic popovers. They may look fancy, but they’re quick and super easy to make. Click on through to the rest of the recipe to impress your friends and family, as well as your tastebuds.
This recipe is super easy and super quick. If you’ve got canned dinner rolls, some mozzarella cheese, butter, garlic, basil, and some salt and pepper, I’d be running to the kitchen to heat up the oven right now.
You’re going to start on this adventure by mincing up some garlic, 3 cloves to be exact. Once minced, melt 1/4 cup of butter, add the minced garlic, 1/2 teaspoon dried basil (or finely minced fresh basil if you’re feeling fancy), and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix until combined, and set your melted butter mixture aside
At this point, pre-heat your oven to the temperature recommended on your package of rolls. Grease a muffin tin with enough slots to fit the number of rolls in your package, and set aside. Slice your mozzarella sticks in quarters, and pair them up in twos. A delicious and more decadent (and therefore slightly pricier option) would be fresh mozzarella. A block of mozzarella sliced into similarly sized portions will also work! Open your package of rolls, press it flat, and place two of the chunks of mozzarella inside. Pinch the roll closed over the mozzarella, and place it into your muffin pan, pinched side up.
Tip: we didn’t realize at first, but our can of rolls said it had 5 rolls, but it really had 10 portions (they were meant to stack in twos for maximum flaky gloriosity). If you’re not sure how many are in the can, buy two – worse comes to worst, you have to make these again sometime 😉
Once your rolls are snug in their tin, spoon 1/2 tsp of your melted garlic butter over each roll, continuing until your butter mixture is used up. Top with grated parmesan cheese.
EVEN RAW, IT LOOKS DELIGHTFUL. Place your muffin pan into the preheated oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven, de-pan your rolls, and serve hot.
Pretty, AND delicious. Enjoy with a delicious plate of pasta!
Cheesy Garlic Popovers
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10-12 minutes
- 1-2 cans of flaky dinner rolls
- Mozzarella cheese of your choice
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp dried or fresh basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt 1/4 cup butter.
- Finely mince 3 cloves of garlic. Add to melted butter with 1/2 tsp basil, and salt and pepper to taste. Mix until combined and set aside.
- Pre-heat oven to temperature indicated on the can of flaky dinner rolls.
- Grease a muffin pan with enough wells for all of your rolls.
- Slice mozzarella into portions the size of the tip of your thumb. Pair in 2s.
- Flatten the dinner roll portion, place the mozzarella pair inside, and pinch shut.
- Spoon 1/2 tsp of the melted butter mixture over each roll until finished.
- Place pan into oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve hot.
Don’t forget to subscribe to email updates [Follow us via email] on the right-hand side.
Check out our tweets here
Like us on Facebook
Pin your favourite recipes from here
..and follow our picture story on Instagram