Everyone needs that ooey, gooey banana chocolate chip muffin recipe in their repertoire and I searched and searched and experimented for years until I discovered this one. Trust me it’s super easy and a real crowd pleaser!
First things first, this recipe is worked into three bowls and combined together.
In bowl 1 we have soften butter – not melted, not cold, but that is room temperature and therefore soft, we also have sugar, eggs and vanilla extract [middle and largest bowl in the picture above].
In bowl 2 we have our two ripe/overripe bananas, milk (I just used 2%) and some lemon juice [smallest bowl on the left in the photo].
In bowl 3 we have the flour, baking soda and salt [bowl on right in the photo].
Combine/mix/whisk everything in each bowl separately and then alternating between bowls 2 and 3, pour about a third of the mixture into bowl 1, stirring to combine each time.
There you have it folks, your banana batter! Mix in as many chocolate chips as it takes to make you happy and spoon into a muffin tin with baking liners [I always use liners, it makes it so much easier!].
Bake for 15-20 minutes [depending on the quality of your oven] at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Don’t overcook them! Take them out when a toothpick comes out clean!
Let them cool and devour!
I bring these to work for breakfast or snack! 😉
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Yield: 16-18 muffins
- ½ cup soften butter [not melted, not cold – room temperature and soft!]
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ripe bananas
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 ¾ cup AP flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- Enough chocolate chips to make your heart happy
- In Bowl 1, beat together butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla extract.
- In Bowl 2, crush bananas, and whisk with milk and lemon juice
- In Bowl 3, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- Now alternate between adding and mixing in bowls 2 and 3 into bowl 1.
- At the end add chocolate chips until it looks like there’s enough 😉
- Line muffin tin with baking liners [so much easier to remove] and fill each one with the batter
- Bake 15-20 mins at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Should make about 16-18 muffins.
Don’t forget to subscribe to email updates [Follow us via email] on the right-hand side.
Check out our tweets here
Like us on Facebook
Pin your favourite recipes from here
..and follow our picture story on Instagram