Holy moly are these little suckers ever delicious. This is something I grew up with – my mum used to make these every summer when I was little, and I can’t begin to tell you how bad I crave them some days. The sweet, tender zucchini paired with the crisp breading is absolutely to die for. Add a little bit of dip – say, a cajun sour cream, like we made this time – and you are in heaven. Click on through to find out how to make these delicious morsels.
Start by slicing up your zucchini. One zucchini should feed two people as a snack / side / appetizer. We made 2 (YES THERE WAS A BLOG REUNION) and 4 of us ate for what felt like a reaaaaaally long time. Slice into 1/4 inch slices and set aside.
Gather your breading supplies. The amount you’re going to need is going to depend on how much zucchini you have, if you’re going to double bread, etc… Set up a little assembly line for yourself with some flour, egg beaten with a little splash of milk, and seasoned breadcrumbs – ours had some salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Set up a big baking pan nearby with some parchment paper.
Flour, egg wash, bread. Egg wash and bread again if you desire / are fancy that way.
From there you have two options – you can either deep fry the coins in a deep pot for 10-15 seconds per side, fry them in butter in a frying pan, or heat your oven to 425F and bake for 15 minutes, turning half way.
Serve with your favourite dip, and try not to eat all of them by yourself. 😉
Breaded Zucchini Dippers
Time: 30-45 mins
- Breadcrumbs, seasoned as desired
- Wash and slice your zucchini into coins and set aside.
- Prepare your breading “assembly line” – flour, egg beaten with milk, and seasoned bread crumbs.
- Dredge the zucchini coin in flour and shake the excess loose.
- Dip the floured zucchini into the egg mixture until coated.
- Place egg’d zucchini into the breadcrumbs and ensure all surfaces are covered.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 if you want to double bread!
- Prepare your cooking medium of choice: heat your oil or butter, or warm your oven to 425F.
- Cook your zucchini coins! In oil, 10-15 seconds per side. In butter, until each side is browned. In the oven, 15 minutes flipping half way.
- Allow to drain if needed, and cool slightly.
- Serve hot with dip of choice.
Don’t forget to subscribe to email updates [Follow us via email] on the right-hand side.
Check out our tweets here
Like us on Facebook
Pin your favourite recipes from here
..and follow our picture story on Instagram