Okay, so I may be on a slight ‘sweet potato-kick’ lately, but there ain’t nothing wrong with that! See how we make this delicious, quick and one-pot dish, great for breakfast, lunch or dinner! 🙂
Okay, first off start with what you need. One medium sweet potato and 4 sausages. I had 4 chicken sausages that were pre-cooked and stuffed with cheese and spinach. Any type of sausage is fine :). You’ll also want some red onion, garlic, splash of milk, a hint of parm and a whole lot of eggs!
Step one, peel and chop the potato, dice the sausage, onions and garlic and get them cooking in a cast iron skillet with a bit of olive oil until done. Season with salt and pepper to preference.
hint: the less you move everything around, the more it will brown / sear, which is a good thing!
After the potato can pierce easily and the sausage is cooked [if not using the pre-cooked variety], it’s now time for the eggs!
Crack 7-8 eggs in a bowl and beat lightly, adding about 1/4 cup of milk and more salt and pepper. Pour this into the cast iron. Put the whole thing in the oven for approx. 10 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit [until the eggs are set!].
Once it’s cooked, add about 1/4 cup of grated parmesan on top for good measure and bake for another 2 minutes!
Enjoy for breakfast, lunch or dinner 🙂
[pssst. we eat this for dinner 😉 ]
FYI, while I have you here…this post actually got deleted by accident because my husband made me watch this video. http://thechive.com/2016/09/28/get-basic-with-some-pumpkin-spice-gangster-rap-video/ Legit though, it’s hilarious and will get you ready for the PSL season 😉 The Pumpkin Spice Gangster Rap!
Sweet Potato & Sausage Frittata
- 1/2lb sweet potato (medium sized), diced
- 4 x 6 inch sausages, diced
- 1/2 a red onion, diced
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 7-8 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- Peel and chop potatoes into 1/2 inch pieces. Chop sausages into ‘discs’. Dice 1/2 a red onion. Mince 1-2 cloves of garlic as per your preference.
- Combine everything in a cast iron skillet with some olive oil and salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Once everything is cooked and the potatoes can be pierced easily, combine 7 eggs, 1/4 cup of milk, salt and pepper in a separate bowl. Beat the eggs lightly and pour into the cast iron.
- Bake for approx 10 minutes, until eggs are set/can pull away from the pan.
- Cover top with 1/4 cup + of grated parmesan cheese and bake for another 2 minutes to melt.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Don’t forget to subscribe to email updates [follow us via email] on the right-hand side.
Check out our tweets here
Like us on Facebook
Pin your favourite recipes from here
..and follow our picture story on Instagram
Check out our SnapChat!! >> foodandadulting