It’s better than take-out. I dare you to make it and prove me wrong. I dare you.
This recipe is amazing, it actually is. It is a crowd favourite among my friends so I will not waste your time any further. Let’s get down to the details.
[ps. daylight savings is now officially ruining all my photography until March – bare with me]
Here’s what you need: 1 lb stew beef, 1 pack of mushrooms, 3 heads of broccoli [I had 4 as two were really small], fresh ginger, garlic, soy sauce, cornstarch, brown sugar and rice.
First off get the rice cooking. Next chop up the broccoli, slice the mushrooms, and mince one clove of garlic into one bowl. Next you want to thinly slice the stew beef, season with salt and pepper, and place in the next bowl. Make a mixture of 2 tbsp of cornstarch and 2 tbsp of water with one clove of minced garlic. Pour this mixture over the beef and stir to combine. Combine the soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, and another tbsp of cornstarch for your sauce into the last bowl.
Next you want to cook the beef, remove from heat, then sauté the veggies. Once the veggies are how you like them, add the beef back in and pour in the sauce. Turn the temperature down, cover with lid and let simmer for a few minutes.
Mouth-watering *drool* .
Serve over rice! ENJOY 🙂
Beef, Broccoli & Mushroom Stir-Fry
- Olive oil for frying the meat and veggies separately
- salt and pepper to taste
- 227 g (8 oz) of white button mushrooms, sliced
- 3 heads of broccoli, chopped
- 1 lb stew beef, thinly sliced [or you can use stir-fry beef, steak etc.]
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced [one for beef, one for veggies]
- 1 tsp of grated fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp cornstarch + 2 tbsp water
- 1 cup of rice
- Start by cooking 1 cup of rice according to package directions.
- Dice and slice broccoli and mushrooms into a bowl with 1 clove of minced garlic.
- Thinly slice meat, place in another bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Combine 2 tbsp cornstarch + 2 tbsp water with 1 clove of minced garlic. Pour over beef and stir to coat.
- In a separate small bowl, combine ginger, brown sugar, soy sauce, and 1 tbsp of cornstarch.
- Fry meat in frying pan with olive oil until cooked, remove from heat.
- Add more olive oil and fry mushrooms, broccoli and the other clove of garlic, cover with lid.
- Once soft and sautéd to your desire, add back in the meat and add the sauce you made earlier. Stir to combine, turn heat down, cover with lid and let it simmer for a few minutes.
- Serve hot over rice and enjoy !
Don’t forget to subscribe to email updates [follow us via email] on the right-hand side.
Check out our tweets here
Like us on Facebook
Pin your favourite recipes from here
..and follow our picture story on Instagram
Check out our SnapChat!! >> foodandadulting