So let me tell you a little something about this stirfry. First and foremost, you need to know that it is delicious. I got the base of this recipe from the magnificent and blog-beloved Budget Bytes – I saw her video for it and just about DIED. I knew that I had to have it. And oh my god did it ever live up to my hopes, dreams, and expectations. And it was easy. Click on through to see my adaptation.
The first thing you’re going to need is half of a medium cabbage. This is a meal prep, in my house, and cabbage is cheap and healthy and we are here for that party. Slice it into shreds and set aside.
Wash, peel, and shred 3 large carrots. I used the large holes in my cheese grater. The carrots add this gorgeous sweetness when they begin to cook, and like the cabbage, are also cheap! Set the shredded carrot aside.
Time to get saucy! Combine 3 tbsp soy sauce, 1.5 tbsp sesame oil, 1.5 tbsp sriracha, 3/4 tbsp brown sugar, 1/4 tsp granulated garlic, and 1/2 tsp black pepper. Stir until combined and set aside.
Mince 3 cloves of garlic. Heat 1 tbsp of cooking oil of your choice in a pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and allow it to sautee for about 30 seconds. Add 1 lb ground beef (or other ground protein of your choice) to the pan and mix with the garlic. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and 1 tbsp fresh grated ginger / 1/4 tsp dry powdered ginger. Stir until combined. Cook the beef until browned (about 5-7 minutes). Drain off the excess fat. Add shredded carrot and cabbage to the beef and stir until combined. When the cabbage has begun to wilt, pour the sauce over the mixture and stir until combined. Cook the cabbage to your desired tenderness.
Serve hot! This goes fantastic over rice, pasta, in a wrap (thanks to my sister for this idea!), or on it’s own. I’ve had it almost every day this week for lunch and I am loving it!
Cabbage and Ground Beef Stirfry
- 1/2 large cabbage
- 3 large carrots
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1.5 tbsp sesame oil
- 1.5 tbsp sriracha
- 3/4 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 lb ground beef (or other protein of choice)
- 1 tbsp fresh grated ginger / 1/4 tsp dry powdered ginger
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Shred 1/2 large head of cabbage and set aside.
- Wash, peel, and shred 3 large carrots and set aside.
- Prepare the sauce. Mix 3 tbsp soy sauce, 1.5 tbsp sesame oil, 1.5 tbsp sriracha, 3/4 tbsp brown sugar, 1/4 tsp granulated garlic, and 1/2 tsp black pepper. Stir until combined and set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp of cooking oil over medium heat in a large pan. Mince 3 cloves of garlic and sautee in the oil for 30 seconds. Add 1 lb of ground beef to pan and stir to combine with garlic. Add 1 tsbp fresh grated ginger / 1/4 tsp dry powdered ginger to the beef and garlic, and stir until combined.
- Brown the beef until cooked, 5-7 minutes. Drain off the excess fat.
- Add the shredded carrots and cabbage to the pan and mix to combine.
- When the cabbage has begun to wilt, pour the sauce over the mixture and stir until combined. Continue to cook until cabbage had reached your desired tenderness.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Don’t forget to subscribe to email updates [follow us via email] on the right-hand side.
Check out our tweets here
Like us on Facebook
Pin your favourite recipes from here
..and follow our picture story on Instagram
Check out our SnapChat!! >> foodandadulting