YOU READY FOR THE HOLIDAYS?
I know I am! 🙂
presents bought and wrapped – check
baking done – check
contracted the flu? – check (oh boy…)
Besides not being able to eat because of the flu, I’ve been trying to eat lighter and healthier these past few weeks so that I can shove my face full without guilt in the next couple of days 🙂 This recipe is easy, quick, TASTY, and great all year round! Check it out!
INGREDIENTS I used:
The ingredients I used were pretty simple. I got everything at my local grocery store. My favourite sushi soy sauce, pickled ginger, roasted seaweed, ready-to-eat crab, sesame seeds plus some others.
…but really…the possibilities are endless.
This is sushi rice, you cook it in water, coat in a sort of sushi ‘dressing’, then let cool in plastic/wood bowl by a window or fan. The ‘dressing’ includes sugar, salt, and rice vinegar.
I put it in a big bowl to spread it out more and let it cool faster. In the meantime grate some carrots, matchstick some avocado and cucumber and prepare anything else you want in it! I like some spicy mayo, soy sauce, pickled ginger and raw sesame seeds. MMMM
Enough for 2-3 bowls
- 1 sheet of roasted seaweed/nori, torn or cut with scissors
- 1/2 a carrot, grated
- 1/2 a cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- 1 avocado, diced
- Sushi rice
- 1 1/2 cups sushi rice
- 2 cups of water
- 1/4 cup of rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- Sesame seeds, lightly toasted or raw
- Soy sauce
- Pickled ginger
- Spicy mayo, hot sauce, wasabi etc.
- Meat options:
- Canned tuna
- Canned salmon
- Shrimp fried with garlic and soy sauce
- Ready to eat crab meat
- Bring 1/5 cups of sushi rice in 2 cups of water to a boil. Simmer with lid on for 10 minutes until done.
- Transfer to a large plastic or wood bowl. In another bowl dissolve white sugar and salt into rice vinegar. Heat in microwave to dissolve. Pour over hot rice and stir to combine.
- Let rice cool by a window or fan.
- In the meantime prepare your other ingredients.
- Combine ingredients in a bowl and enjoy!
Don’t forget to subscribe to email updates [follow us via email] on the right-hand side.
Check out our tweets here
Like us on Facebook
Pin your favourite recipes from here
..and follow our picture story on Instagram
Check out our SnapChat!! >> foodandadulting