This is amazing! I don’t even know how to start this post without proud proclaiming it, and this isn’t one of those “new year, new me” posts. I just honestly love this dish so much!
So I’ll leave it like that! Meat-free, healthy, easy, and TO-DIE-FOR. Trust me. My additions and little twists will leave you so happy.
First-off ingredients. My favourite items for a burrito bowl includes:
- Rice (I like brown basmati and about 1/2 cup uncooked works for 2 people)
- Sliced romaine lettuce
- Diced red pepper
- Cubed avocado (1/2 an avocado per person)
- Diced tomatoes
- Black beans and corn (I just use the canned variety for both! Rinsed and drained of course)
- toasted quickly in a frying pan
- My crispy chickpeas -> recipe here
- can of chickpeas, oil, garlic powder, paprika, salt, pepper and something spicy (cayenne maybe?). Bake in oven until crispy.
- My crispy tofu -> recipe here
- extra firm tofu, sesame oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder and fry until golden.
Then the sauces, my favourites are:
- Some delicious salsa and;
- Some chipotle mayo
- good recipe is as follows (blend in blender or food processor):
- 1 cup mayo
- 1 chipotle chilie in adobo sauce
- 1 tbsp of the adobo sauce
- 2 tsp lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- And maybe some sourcream…but it’s not really that healthy…
Let’s not kid ourselves, it’s amazing, cheap, easy mid-week and SO DAMN GOOD.
So make it!
Make it again,
Try it and fall in love!
*also note: much easier to eat on a plate than a actual bowl 🙂 *
Don’t forget to subscribe to email updates [follow us via email] on the right-hand side.
Check out our tweets here
Like us on Facebook
Pin your favourite recipes from here
..and follow our picture story on Instagram
Check out our SnapChat!! >> foodandadulting