I first came across chia seeds in university, I think. Being an avid lover of tapioca pudding, the texture of chia pudding immediately appealed to me. On top of that, they were healthy, packed full of nutrition, and cheap. This pudding is a breakfast staple in my house – click on through to learn how to make this easy meal or snack.
Start with 2-3 tbsp of dry chia seeds. Place them in a bowl that is large enough to fit all of the liquid that you are going to use (in this case, 3/4 cup). You can vary the amount of chia seeds that you use, depending on how thick or thin you prefer your pudding; less chia will give you a thinner consistency, more chia will give you a thicker consistency.
Measure and pour 3/4 cup cold almond milk over the chia seeds.
Stir the chia seeds into the almond milk with a spoon or fork until you can no longer see any of the seeds sticking to one another or clumping.
Add vanilla extract to the mixture to taste, and stir until combined. If you prefer a sweeter flavour, you can add brown sugar, honey, agave, etc. here as well. Stir until combined. You can then let the mixture sit on the counter or in the refrigerator, stirring every 5-10 minutes for the first 30 minutes. You can then let it sit until it reaches the consistency you desire, up to and including overnight.
Serve with fruit, by itself, or blend into a smoothie! Enjoy!
Vanilla Almond Chia Pudding
- 2-3 tbsp dry chia seeds
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- Vanilla extract, to taste
- Optional: honey, agave, brown sugar, etc.
- Measure 2-3 tbsp of chia seeds into a bowl large enough to hold all of the liquid.
- Measure 3/4 cup of cold almond milk and pour over the chia seeds. Stir until combined.
- Add vanilla to taste. Add sweetener to taste, if desired. Stir until combined.
- Set bowl aside on counter or in refrigerator, stirring every 5-10 minutes for the first 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, enjoy as is, or let sit until it reaches the desired consistency.
Don’t forget to subscribe to email updates [follow us via email] on the right-hand side.
Check out our tweets here
Like us on Facebook
Pin your favourite recipes from here
..and follow our picture story on Instagram
Check out our SnapChat!! >> foodandadulting