We’ll keep it simple today. Sometimes you just want to snack for lunch instead of eating a full meal. This one is my favourite light lunch idea!
I like to serve mine with lots and lots of yummy things, the idea is small amounts of everything so it’s like a tasting tray.
I like to include:
- some cheese (my current favourite is Jarlsberg or some smoked gouda, you can do more than one type)
- yummy crackers (double baked pita crackers, waffers etc.)
- cured meat (pepperoni, smoked chorizo, whatever you like, you can also do more than one type)
- carrots or other veg! (you could also do celery but honestly I’m not a big fan)
- a dill pickle sliced up (mmmmm 🙂 )
- some nuts or trail mix (I have spicy cashews in the top photo, also raisins is a great choice!)
- dried or fresh fruit (I have dried mango here, you could also do fresh mango or berries)
- And my last favourite thing, a hard boiled egg with some salt and pepper 🙂
Honestly, you can put whatever you want on these plates (hummus perhaps, or my baked chickpeas!), make the plate your own and enjoy all your favourites without going overboard 🙂
Charcuterie Board-Style Lunch
- favourite cheese
- favourite cured meats
- favourite crackers
- cut up veggies
- boiled egg
- dried or fresh fruit
- nuts or trail mix!
- dill pickle 🙂
- Chop small amounts of everything and serve on plate.
Don’t forget to subscribe to email updates [follow us via email] on the right-hand side.
Check out our tweets here
Like us on Facebook
Pin your favourite recipes from here
..and follow our picture story on Instagram
Check out our SnapChat!! >> foodandadulting