So one of my favourite breakfasts is granola, fruit, and yogurt. IT’S JUST SO GOOD. And as much as I do love the greek yogurt parfaits from Tim Horton’s, a girl has to save her dollars. Enter this sweet, crunchy, (and optionally spicy) granola for all your breakfast and snacking needs. Click on through for how to make it!
Start by preheating your oven to 300F, because this is going to happen quickly. In a large mixing bowl, combine 2 cups of rolled oats, 1/4 cup of brown flax seeds, 1/4 cup of hemp hearts, 1/2 cup of raw hulled sunflower seeds, 3/4 cup of sliced almonds, 1/2 cup of dried fruit (I used currants today!), 1/8 teaspoon of ground cayenne (optional), 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Stir the mixture until combined.
At this point, we need to add the wet ingredients. Add 4 tablespoons of maple syrup, 2 1/2 tablespoons of vegetable oil, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Stir everything together until the mixture is coated!
Spread the mixture evenly on a baking pan lined with parchment paper and place into the oven for 20-25 minutes, until the granola is lightly toasted. Stir and redistribute on the pan halfway.
Remove the pan from the oven and let stand to cool. THIS IS IMPORTANT! Your granola will not crisp up if you don’t let it cool before putting it away (or eating it…). Store in an airtight container. ENJOY!
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup brown flax seeds
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- 1/2 cup raw hulled sunflower seeds
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup dried fruit
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, ensuring the dry ingredients are thoroughly coated.
- Spread evenly onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until lightly toasted. Stir and redistribute on the pan halfway through.
- Let cool completely, to crisp the granola.
Don’t forget to subscribe to email updates [follow us via email] on the right-hand side.
Check out our tweets here
Like us on Facebook
Pin your favourite recipes from here
..and follow our picture story on Instagram