So this one came in as a request and I always love to help out a friend 🙂 So here it is, some extremely easy and delicious dinner rolls AND they only take about 1hr 15-30 minutes to make 🙂
Okay let’s start with the basics, get your packet of yeast (instant) and dissolve 1 tbsp yeast and 1 tbsp of sugar into 1 1/2 cups of warm water. Let this sit to ‘wake up’ for a few minutes.
In another bowl combine unsalted butter, salt, egg, and 2 cups of flour. Add the yeast in and stir to fully combine, next slowly added 2 more cups of flour.
Next, pull the dough out the bowl and knead for 4-6 minutes, until elastic and soft.
Let this rise in a clean greased bowl covered with a tea towl for 30 minutes.
Afterwards cut into 16 equal pieces and shape into buns. To cut into equal pieces, I like to form a circle and cut like a pie, ensuring (most likely) that they are even.
Shape in your greased 9×13 baking dish and cover with teatowel again to rise for another 30 minutes.
After this point you’ll want to preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and brush each one lovingly with one egg whisked into 1 tbsp of regular milk.
Bake for 15 minutes and enjoy hot with some delicious butter 🙂
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 tbsp instant yeast
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg (room temperature)
- 4 cups of AP flour (divided)
- plus one egg and 1 tbsp of milk for brushing
- Combine water, yeast and sugar into a bowl and wait a few minutes. In the meantime combine 2 cups of flour with butter, egg, and salt.
- Add yeast slurry to flour mixture and stir to combine, next add 2 more cups of flour and stir to combine.
- Remove from bowl onto floured counter and knead for 4-6 minutes.
- Let rise in greased bowl for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, cut and shape into 16 equal pieces, let rise again for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit and brush each one well with 1 tbsp of milk whisked into one egg.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Enjoy with some butter 🙂
Don’t forget to subscribe to email updates [follow us via email] on the right-hand side.
Check out our tweets here
Like us on Facebook
Pin your favourite recipes from here
..and follow our picture story on Instagram
Check out our SnapChat!! >> foodandadulting