This is my go-to for sides! It’s so easy and makes you feel like you’ve tried with dinner (which we all know I didn’t).
The original recipe is here: http://thefoodcharlatan.com/2015/11/23/roasted-sweet-potatoes-and-brussels-sprouts-recipe/
I didn’t change much at all, it’s so good! It’s a great side for anything really! The cumin really takes it up a notch. Soft sweet potato chunks and crispy brussel sprouts. It’s anything but ordinary.
Try it out and let me know what you guys think!
Roasted Sweet Potato & Brussel Sprouts
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts
- 1 large sweet potato (1 lb)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Fresh or dried thyme, to garnish
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Trim the ends, and remove gross leaves off your Brussels. Cut in half (or quarters if large). Add to a large bowl.
- Chop sweet potato into 1/2 inch pieces. Add to the large bowl. (no need to peel if you don’t want to 🙂 )
- Mince 2 (or more) cloves of garlic and add it to the bowl.
- Pour 1/3 cup olive oil over the vegetables.
- Add cumin, salt, and pepper to taste. Stir to coat.
- Line baking pan with foil and spray it really well with nonstick spray. Pour the veggies onto the pan.
- Roast at 400°F for 30-40 minutes, until veggies are cooked.
- Place the veggies in a serving bowl and toss with 1 tbsp red wine vinegar and some fresh or dried thyme.
Don’t forget to subscribe to email updates [follow us via email] on the right-hand side.
Check out our tweets here
Like us on Facebook
Pin your favourite recipes from here
..and follow our picture story on Instagram
Check out our SnapChat!! >> foodandadulting