So I’m going to be real. I had another post lined up, but then I realized that I had already recently posted black bean brownies. I swear to you, lately, if my head weren’t firmly attached to my neck, I would misplace it! So instead, I come to you bearing one of my go-to meals: Kitchen Sink Burritos! This is the meal that comes out of a need to clean leftovers out of the fridge, but it is always good. Although completely customizable, click on through to follow how I made my burrito for this leftovers night!
There was a little bit of everything available to me tonight! I diced 1/2 of a small red onion, 1/4 of a large green pepper, and 3 button mushrooms. I sauteed those over medium low heat until they just start to get soft – I like texture besides “soft” in my burritos.
Next comes the ground meat. I had a whole ton of ground turkey left from making nachos, so that went right into the pan to heat up. This is also the point that I seasoned my filling, so add salt, pepper, paprika, and chili flakes to taste.
Shuffle everything in the pan off to the side and crack 1 large egg into the pan. Let it begin to set, and then scramble it into the other ingredients. I had some homefries kicking around, so I ended up dicing those up and throwing them in last minute. Fold all of your filling, plus shredded cheese, and avocado if you’re a lush, into a tortilla. If you’re not sure how to fold a burrito, YouTube it and you’ll be a pro in no time, I promise.
The trick to keeping the whole thing together is to place the seam of the burrito down in a hot pan and let it toast shut. I then flip the burrito over to get that golden toastiness on the other side. Trust and believe.
Slice and proceed to shovel into your face. This won’t last long. ENJOY.
Kitchen Sink Burritos
- 1/2 small red onion
- 1/4 large green bell pepper
- 3 button mushrooms
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup ground meat of choice
- 1 large egg
- 1 tortilla
- Cheese of choice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Paprika, to taste
- Chili flakes, to taste
- Optional: diced fried potato
- Dice and sautee vegetables until they just start to soften.
- Add ground meat to the pan and heat through.
- Season filling with salt, pepper, paprika, and chili flakes, to taste.
- Push the contents of the pan aside and crack 1 egg into the pan. Let set for a minute, and then scramble into the rest of the mixture.
- If you’re feeling fancy, dice some homefries into the pan (or any other kind of cooked potato).
- Place the mixture into a tortilla with shredded cheese and any other toppings you’d like. Fold shut.
- Seal the burrito in a hot pan.
- Slice and enjoy.
Don’t forget to subscribe to email updates [follow us via email] on the right-hand side.
Check out our tweets here
Like us on Facebook
Pin your favourite recipes from here
..and follow our picture story on Instagram
Check out our SnapChat!! >> foodandadulting