I’ve got to admit, I’m not always the most faithful meal prepper. Despite having the best intentions, I really struggle to a) get food prepped ahead of time (especially when my bed and my PJs are calling my name…) and b) to eat the same thing all week long. BUT with a busy schedule like mine, I have to find time to get it done. This is a quick, satisfying meal that I cooked in less than 30 minutes (save for the marinade!). Click through to read more!
Start by slicing and marinading your beef. I used stewing beef (that was on sale for 30% off because it was coming up on code, my bank account was THRILLED), but you can use any cut you have on hand. I used the sauce recipe from our Cabbage and Ground Beef Stirfry to marinade by beef for about an hour – I doubled the recipe, but in hindsight I may have added even more (you can reduce the sesame oil if you double or triple the recipe). The extra liquid will not go to waste!
Once the beef has marinaded, sautee it in a hot pan with 2 tablespoons of oil of your choice. Don’t drain off the liquid if you can help it!
You know those little bags of coleslaw mix? You know the ones. $2.00 for a big ol’ bag full of shredded green and purple cabbage and carrot? Yeah that’s the one. I used 2 cups, but you can feel free to add more or less. Toss the mix into the beef.
Add 1/2 – 1 cup of unsalted roasted almonds and stir to combine. I suggest garnishing the dish with green onions to taste, but you can also add them at this step (I love the flavour!)
Remember how I said that the liquid from the marinate won’t go to waste? Yeah, I wasn’t lying. Remove the beef and cabbage mixture from the pan and leave the liquid behind. We’re going to use this liquid to toss our starch in for more flavour!
I used rice noodles for this dish, but rice would also go swimmingly. Use whichever starch you feel you’re craving the most. Both options are delicious.
Portion out your starch and dress it with your stirfry over top. ENJOY.
Asian Beef Stirfry
- Cabbage and Ground Beef Stirfry sauce for marinade
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 1/2 – 1 cup unsalted roasted almonds
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- Starch (rice noodles or rice)
- Slice and marinade beef. I suggest marinading for at least an hour, but I have done it in 15 minutes before!
- Sautee the beef in 2 tablespoons of oil in a hot pan. Do not drain off marinade. Cook through.
- Add 2 cups of coleslaw mix into the beef. Stir until combined.
- Add 1/2 – 1 cup of unsalted roasted almonds. Stir until combined.
- Add 1/4 cup of sliced green onions. Stir until combined.
- Drain the mixture from the pan, and leave the liquid in the pan. Combine your starch of choice with the liquid for extra flavour.
- Serve the stirfry mix hot over your starch.
- ENJOY! 🙂
Don’t forget to subscribe to email updates [follow us via email] on the right-hand side.
Check out our tweets here
Like us on Facebook
Pin your favourite recipes from here
..and follow our picture story on Instagram