Let me just say that these chicken meatballs are my new favourite thing.
Let’s get rolling on with the healthy!
Firstly I like to make the chicken meatballs. Combine one pound of ground chicken with 2-3 cloves of minced garlic and some salt and pepper. Make 1 tbsp-large meatballs, frying in a pan with sesame oil.
While thats cooking, put on 1 cup of prefered rice. We had jasmine rice as a special treat (I find it’s quite expensive comparatively speaking). Next prepare the meatball glaze with 2 tbsp sesame oil, 2 tbsp soy sauce, a splash of lime juice and 1/2 tsp of brown sugar. Lastly roughly chop about 5-6 cups of perfered veggies. I used 1/2 a red onion, one red pepper, a handful of button mushrooms, a handful of green beans and 2 cloves of garlic, sliced.
Once the meatballs are cooked, toss in glaze for a few minutes, until well coated over medium heat. Remove from heat to not overcook the meat. Add the veggies into the pan with some of the glaze remaining to prevent burning. Cook until desired doneness, I left mine pretty crunchy. Toss meatballs back in and serve over rice! I like to serve with sesame seeds and extra soy sauce overtop!
Mhmm, guilt-free living 😉 !
Chicken Meatball & Veggie Stirfry
RECIPE – serves 4
- 1 lb ground chicken
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 tbsp of sesame oil
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- splash of lime juice
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 cup of prefered rice
- 5-6 cups of roughly chopped veggies:
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 red peper
- handful of button mushrooms
- handful of green beans
- 2 cloves of garlic sliced
- Optional: Serve with soy sauce and sesame seeds
- In a bowl, mix ground chicken, garlic, salt, and pepper. Roll into 1 tbsp-large balls. Fry in sesame oil.
- In the meantime cook 1 cup of rice, combine ingredients for the glaze, and roughly chop 5-6 cups of veggies.
- Once the meatballs are cooked, toss in the glaze for a few minutes over medium heat. Remove from heat, leaving a bit of the glaze still in the pan.
- Put the veggies in the pan and cook until desired doneness. Add meatballs back in and toss to coat.
- Serve over rice and serve with sesame seeds and extra soy sauce on top.
- Enjoy 🙂
Don’t forget to subscribe to email updates [follow us via email] on the right-hand side.
Check out our tweets here
Like us on Facebook
Pin your favourite recipes from here
..and follow our picture story on Instagram
Check out our SnapChat!! >> foodandadulting