Bruschetta, inside a quesadilla, I’ll give that a moment to sink in…
This concept is life changing, SOOO easy, and most importantly…
SOOOOO FREAKIN DELICIOUS.
Bruschetta mix (garlic, red onion, tomatoes, basil, and cheese) with some added ingredients (bacon – mmhmm yes please, and spinach) fried in a tortilla. No salsa or sour cream needed. Honestly. give it a go.
Prepare your mix, divide it out onto four tortilla halves, putting a bed of spinach down first.
Fold in half and fry. That’s it, you’re done. Amazing right?
- 4 x 10-inch flour tortillas
- 1/2 pack of bacon, cooked and chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup of fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheese (add more if desired)
- handful of spinach
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cook and chop bacon
- Combine everything in a large bowl minus the tortillas and spinach
- Laying out the 4 tortillas, line one half of each with as much or as little spinach as you desire.
- Divide the bowl of filling onto the 4 tortillas over top of the spinach. You should only be covering one half of the tortilla.
- Fold other half of the tortilla over top and fry in frying plan until toasty and melty (yes those are perfectly acceptable adjectives).
Note: I’ve heard to use a bit of oil in the frying pan, and I’ve heard not to use any. Do what you feel most comfortable. No oil, be careful of burning, too much oil…soggy quesadillas. No one wants burnt or soggy quesadillas. No one needs that kind of negativity in their lives.
Don’t forget to subscribe to email updates [follow us via email] on the right-hand side.
Check out our tweets here
Like us on Facebook
Pin your favourite recipes from here
..and follow our picture story on Instagram
Check out our SnapChat!! >> foodandadulting