Given that it’s prime berry-picking season, I figured that cobbler would be the perfect showcase for those amazing summer fruits. Sadly, the fresh berries I had got eaten before I could get this one photographed. Therefore, I had to use frozen fruit today! But the fantastic part about this cobbler is that you can swap frozen for fresh and vice versa. Today I used mixed berries, but this recipe also works fantastic with other fruits – sub in to your heart’s delight! Click through to follow along!
Start by preheating your oven to 375F – this is going to go quickly. Combine all of the dry ingredients together: 1 cup of all-purpose flour, 3/4 cup dark brown sugar, and 2 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder. Whisk until combined.
Melt 1/3 cup of butter and pour into a 9×9 inch pan.
Add the wet ingredients into the dry: 3/4 cup milk and 1 tablespoon vanilla extract. Whisk until combined.
Pour the batter over the butter in the pan. Do not stir. Gently smooth it over the pan.
Sprinkle 3-4 cups of mixed berries over top of the batter. Do not stir together. Place in the oven and bake for 1 hour, or until golden brown.
ENJOY. Good luck on keeping leftovers.
Mixed Berry Cobbler
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup butter
- 3-4 cups mixed berries (fresh or frozen)
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl. Whisk together.
- Melt butter and pour into 9×9 inch pan.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients. Whisk together.
- Pour batter over the butter in the pan. Do not mix.
- Add fruit over the batter. Do not mix.
- Bake for 1 hour or until golden brown.
Don’t forget to subscribe to email updates [follow us via email] on the right-hand side.
Check out our tweets here
Like us on Facebook
Pin your favourite recipes from here
..and follow our picture story on Instagram