I wanted light, filling, healthy, and most importantly…tasty.
I managed all of those things with this summer inspired noodle bowl!
It has my favourite chicken meatballs recipe from here! It also has vermicelli noddles, carrots, cucumbers, and mango. Along with some simple and great sauces and whatever ‘extras’ you like! (pickled ginger – did you buy some for our sushi bowl recipe? – sesame seeds, fresh herbs, lime wedges – you name it!)
It’s quite easy and quick to make! Even faster to eat it 😉
Give it a go, you won’t be sorry! 🙂
SUMMER NOODLE BOWL
- 1 lb ground chicken
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 tbsp of sesame oil
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- splash of lime juice
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- ¼ cup sweet thai chili sauce
- Vermicelli Noodles
- carrot, sliced with a potato peeler
- cucumber, cut into match sticks
- mango, cut into match sticks
- Others: Pickled ginger, sesame seeds, fresh herbs, lime wedges
- Combine ground chicken with salt, pepper, and minced garlic, rolling them into 1-tbsp sized meatballs (anywhere from 20-30).
- In another bowl, combine all the ingredients for the meatball glaze.
- Cook Vermicelli Noodles (enough for as many bowls as you are making. The limiting factor here will be the meatballs and I usually put 5-6 meatballs in each bowl depending on the size).
- Fry meatballs in 1 tbsp of sesame oil until done, roughly 5-10 minutes. Add the sauce to the meatballs at the end and stir to coat. Remove from the heat.
- In a medium pot, bring the chicken broth and sweet Thai chili sauce to a boil. Remove from the heat – this is just to heat everything up.
- To assemble, add the noodles and 5-6 meatballs to each bowl, pouring some bowl sauce over top. Next add in the prepared carrots, cucumbers, mango, and any other toppings you prefer.
Don’t forget to subscribe to email updates [follow us via email] on the right-hand side.
Check out our tweets here
Like us on Facebook
Pin your favourite recipes from here
..and follow our picture story on Instagram
Check out our SnapChat!! >> foodandadulting