Do you suck at eating breakfast too? I know I do, even though I know how important it is and how much better I feel all day. I’m hoping this meal-prep style breakfast burrito recipe helps you out as much as it helps me out!
First, make my breakfast skillet, found here.
Next, fill 6-in wraps with about a 1/2 cup of filling in each. Wrap them like a burrito (same way I wrap my avocado rolls- see video here: Avocado Rolls), wrap in tin foil and freeze!
Defrost and serve with your favourite hot sauce (I like my chipotle mayo).
By the way! It’s vacation time for the two of us, so no more posts until September 14th! We will tell you all about our adventures then, and the kinds of delicious food we find 🙂
- 1 tbsp butter or olive oil
- Whatever breakfast skillet ingredients you enjoy, for example:
- 2 red potatoes
- 1 diced onion
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small red pepper
- 4 mushrooms
- 2 eggs
- handful of spinach
- handful of mozzarella cheese
- 6-inch tortilla wraps
- Make breakfast skillet in the frying pan:
- Dice potatoes into small pieces, start them in the frying pan over medium heat with butter/oil, diced onion and minced garlic.
- While that starts off [the potatoes will need more cooking time], dice up the pepper and mushrooms into small pieces. Add them to the frying pan, season with salt, pepper [any other seasonings you enjoy] and cover. Only stir occasionally to stop anything from sticking.
- Once the potatoes can be pierced with a fork, scramble two eggs in a bowl with a fork and add to the frying pan. Stir quickly as the egg will cook fast.
- Add a handful of spinach, wilt and mix it in.
- Next cover the top with grated cheese, put the lid back on the frying pan and let it melt.
- Spoon out about 1/2 cup into the centre of each wrap.
- Fold in both sides, turn and roll up the 3rd side towards the 4th (like a burrito).
- Take for breakfast, or freeze for later (wrap in tinfoil)!
- Enjoy 🙂
Don’t forget to subscribe to email updates [follow us via email] on the right-hand side.
Check out our tweets here
Like us on Facebook
Pin your favourite recipes from here
..and follow our picture story on Instagram
Check out our SnapChat!! >> foodandadulting